Tuesday, April 05, 2005

la3natool hello

I am having problem sending photos through hello, first I thought it was a regular Syrian server problem as we are used to that, but the surprise is it's a global matter:
take a look at this page

I'm so furious cause I hate flickrs, it sucks, and the latest photo I sent needs resolution and they just destructed it.

Waiting till they fix that damn problem. I will send a post that doesn't need any photo then I will try to update the photo when it works:

Herissah Nabkieh:

We arrived after a long day of walking, we walked about 35 km in one day "I think we could cross Lebanon for example in two days!".

Anyway walking back from Mar Moussa Monastery was so long and tiring, we arrived to al Nabek, and as usual the people were staring at us like we were aliens.. heh..
We were like potato bags laying on the street and the walk sides, tired to death and hungry.

Suddenly a middle aged woman appeared, from where? I don't know, the only thing I care about that she was carry a very important thing, the goal of life at that moment:
a Nabky sweets box!
-Wow.. i screamed
Lauren an Australian teacher who was with our group stared at me and said:
-why's that wow Amr, the lady isn't that cool and she didn't talk to you..
deep inside I knew what the lady was going to do:
- Tfaddaloo.. she said
- what does that woman want… asked Loren
- She wants us to test the Arabic sweets they make in Al Nabek..
- Is anyone hungry? The woman asked..
Lauren (who was 50 YO) jumped like a kid and ran toward the box, it wasn't Loran alone that he did so, all I can remember is we ended up that box in one second!

The bus came to pick us and on the way back Lauren and his wife and a Macedonian woman were eating the sweets…
- I am surprised how generous Syrian people are… Lauren said to
the Macedonian woman who smiled like she totally agrees.
In each time I will eat Arabic sweets, I will remember the Syrian people: the most generous people on earth.

PS: ma yatlubuhu al mushahidoon: this is for Sinan, he asked me to talk about herisseh.

6 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Ghalia said...

great post Amr:)

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Dina said...

I encountered the same problem with Hello >:( and I found Flickr too complicated to use when you're in a hurry

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger x said...

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, but I've had no problems with Hello.. And I hate flicker too.
Try redownloading hello

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger Sinan said...

Yummmy, thanks for the nice story I read a book of a traveller that went on a trip to Iran and she told how generous peole are there while I was reading it I thought why haven't I found a book like that about Syria?? Anyway may be you can persue your friends to write one ;)

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger M!R@CHK@ said...

Well i used 2 have a problem as well the pics wasnt appearing on my blog i am not sue if it was me the problem or its hello :p anyways it worked at last :)

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hi i'm omar, from France.
Ok, if u've some problems, get rid of hello, lol, the things u just need are: to make an account for a website,an FTP server (server only for u) then when u post, type:

img src="http://yourwebsiteadress/completenameofyourphotowithoutmistake"

you need to put all this sentence, between < and > i don't make it because, html tags are not allowed, which prevents me from posting.
this is my technik, think you can do it, it's better than keeping your photo between the hands of another server which may be tracked at anytime. see you sunday perhaps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home