Saturday, May 07, 2005

Call me a Kid!


Jaba3deen-Rankooss
Originally uploaded by amrtheproud.
(Mars 2005)
I finally decided to take my childhood friend Mamdouh with me on a hiking trip between Jaba3deen and Sednaya; he said he wanted to quit smoking so I suggested he goes out, hikes and breaths clean air.

He really wanted to know what are hiking trips about, so he accepted.
The picture I have in mind of Mamdouh, that he is a tuff guy but very nice deep inside. We started walking from Jaba3deen, it was so cold that day; The air was freezing, and we walked for hours. But as I thought exactly, Mamdouh didn't complain at all, he was joking all the time and telling his life story as all the hikers do.

But suddenly we reached a slope, as you notice from the photo, it was dangerous, but everyone boys and girls kept on walking like we're walking at home, except one guy:
The Matsho Mamdouh!!
-ehhh Amr (a trembling voice), do you know that if I slipped I could die?
- man take it easy it's not that dangerous as it look like!
-Man you have to wait for me I have to walk slowly…
I started to nag on him and make fun of him till he stared at me confidentially:
-Akhy (brother), Alf olet walad, wala olet woe3 min eljabal!
( saying thousand times he is a kid, better than saying he fell from a mount).

15 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Smart boy...It's a great idea to go hiking in Syria, with such beautiful places..you should work in the tourism and activate more pepole ;)

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Dina said...

I can see your friends point! Just looking at the pic makes me dizzy

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Sinan said...

The same scenario happened to me the firt time I went hicking but I was in your poor friend Mahmood place but the guys didn't give the time of the day they just walked away and I had to follow them blindly I even cut my leg, but that was I need to never fear such situations.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger x said...

I'm afraid of heights, but I think I can handle that slope. I have my share of stories about climbing and sometimes falling :(

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger GPV said...

I want to thank you for inviting me
for a bit of hiking if I could get to syria,infortunatly, even if I went to Syria I am much too old to hike with younsters as you are, I used to do that in my late 20s,all
around french mountains.
Please,since I can't do that anymore,take pictures of the country side for me(not military sensible).Grateful if you do.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Amr Faham said...

thanks cathrine, it's a nice idea, and actually i thought of that.
but we nned more facilities for such idea, i mean we need the government support and a rescue team especially for hikers, and other things that organize this sport or hobby.
Dina, it's not at all as you think, all what you have to do is ignoring the idea of falling, and then wallah you will enjoy looking down!
Sinan, Omar i'm waiting for you to come to join me.
this is an open invitation to all of my blog's visitors!

gpv, there are many old men that hike with us, it's not as you think at all!, but i promise anyway to concentrate on our country side more than i usually do in my next hiking trips.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Ghalia said...

I just love high places, just on the top of the world, lol....it's nice knowing that there r some girls with u:)

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Nattie said...

Hello, thanks for asking about my Mom....We hope she will be out of hospital this week. The pictures u posted are beautiful, very rugged landscape.....I enjoyed them :-)

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Dina said...

Well Amr, I suppose I'll have to take your word for it since you're an expert hiker!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger M!R@CHK@ said...

Hey Amr i wanna go there :(

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are lucky to have such friends to go hiking, i use to do too in Syria, but now :(
I'm so far....

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog. Found your blog while searching for more information at yahoo about Call me a Kid!. Your blog has quite a lot of interesting thoughts. Keep up the good work, Amr.

Cheers,
hiking backpack

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Amr i am Hiba from Germany, I miss hiking so much with the Gawalla, here we are doing Forests exploring. nice story! keep it up

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm just a retiree from Washington cruising around the net and looking for
interesting blogs. Came across your blog and thought I 'd say hello. You have done a nice job here.

Regards,
Raymond


teva sport sandals

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. Would love to see more posts.

hiking shoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home